Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Coach

Is Roger Federer the greatest player ever? However we answer that question, we cannot deny that he is a great tennis player. Do you know his coach's name? I don't. Do you believe Roger Federer could have accomplished what he has without the help, training, and encouragement he received from a coach - or coaches?

How about Michael Phelps? Do you know his coach's name? Most of us heard the name of the amazing gymnist, Nadia Comaneci's coach - Bela Karolyi. But that is unusual. A great coach often stays in the background.

As a change and conflict coach, I do not care if anyone knows my name, other than those I coach. I do care that my "coachees" succeed. I hope, if I'm known by name, to be known as the coach of people who wildly succeed. "The winningest coach ever" would be great, if that means my "coachees" are known as winners!

No comments: